As a Publishing Assistant Apprentice, you will provide support for specific areas across all key parts of the publishing process from the conception of book, digital product, journal or other product – through to the production, in a variety of paper and digital formats, and then to support the sales, marketing and publicity processes.
You will be expected to cover a broad spectrum of tasks and jobs within your role. This can include:
- Producing written copy for press releases, campaigns and other marketing materials.
- Inputting and maintaining data to produce publications that meet company, sales channel and audience requirements
- Assisting with the creation and development of point of sale material.
- Continually improve the quality of information/data in-line with best practice
- Follow publishing/editorial guidelines relevant to their role to produce publications that meet budgets, are on schedule and meet company & industry standards
- Apply rigour and attention to detail
- Escalate issues and concerns, in-line with company process, to ensure the publication is delivered to time and budget constraints and your agreed milestones are achieved
- Ensure that publications meet digital rights management and/or deal structures agreed with authors
- Using templates, draft contracts as required by your company
- Be pro-active and purposeful when working on your activities, apply the appropriate knowledge and seek support when it is needed
All you need is EEWAP – Energy, Enthusiasm, Willingness to Learn, Ability to Take Feedback and Propensity to Take Action. You’ll also need to pass a face to face screening interview with our Employer Partnerships team (don’t worry, we’re a friendly bunch) and sit initial assessments in Maths and English.
For successful applicants to the Publishing Assistant Apprenticeship, we are looking for a candidate who has the following skills:
- Attention to detail - Apply rigour and attention to detail in all tasks.
- Consistently achieve personal and organisational targets
- Take action to resolve day to day issues
- Receptive to new ideas and respond well to day-to-day challenges
- Resilient and determined to overcome obstacles
- A willingness to learn & develop, embracing new challenges when they occur.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm in your activities
278-280 South Lambeth Road, Stockwell, London, SW8 1UJ
L3 Publishing Assistant
Training delivery site
Lansdowne, 278-280 South Lambeth Road, London, SW8 1UJ
Possible Start Date29/10/19